Pages: 1073-1074DOI: 10.46327/msrjg.1.000000000000216
Date of Publication: 30-Nov--0001
Pseudotumoral Testicular Tuberculosis: -A Potential Diagnostic Pitfall-
Author: Mohamed Allaoui, Mustapha Azzakhmam, Mohamed Oukabli
Category: JMSR Pathology
Extrapulmonary presentation of tuberculosis TB is unfrequent, but testicular location is quite rare and can mimics testicular tumor. Herein, we report a case of a 50 years old man presented to urology department with a painless swelling of the left testis. Examination revealed a hard non tender mass of the testis that was initially managed as a testicular tumor, but later confirmed to be TB orchitis by histology. This report highlights the presentation similarity of the two entities, which may only be differentiated by histology therefore creating a diagnosis and managing challenge.
Keywords: Testis, Tuberculosis, Tumor
- Tim Jumbia, Robert Mugob, Leon Onkunyab, Caroline Mwendeb, Francis Osawab, Swaleh Shahbalb, David Kihiko Kuriab. Testicular tuberculosis can mimic a testicular tumor. Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports 41 (2019) 43–45.
- Christian A. Agbo1, Mudashiru Lawal2, Dalhatu Jibrin2, Jephthah Esla Enjugu1. An isolated testicular tuberculosis mimicking testicular cancer in north-central Nigeria. Le Infezioni in Medicina, n. 1, 78-81, 2020.
- Sherly Abraham, Dora Ernestina Izaguirre Anariba, Kirandeep Dua, Mohammad Mirand Arvind Ankireddypalli. A case of testicular tuberculosis mimicking malignancy in a healthy young man. Ther Adv Infectious Dis 2016, Vol.3 (3-4) 110–113. DOI: 10.1177/2049936116655261.
- Hadadi A, Pourmand G, Mehdipour-Aghabagher B. Unilateral testicular tuberculosis: case report. Andrologia 2012; 44: 70–2.
- Anirban D, Saikat B, Soumya B, Amitabha S. A rare case of isolated testicular tuberculosis and review of literature. J Fam Med Prim Care 2016; 5 (2):468–70.
- Hamrouni El, Puttemans T, Dardenne E, Draguet A. Unusual case of testicular tuberculosis.J Belg Soc Radiol 2017;101(1):17.
- Parker S, Kommu S. Post-intravesical BCG epididymo- orchitis: case report and review of the literature. Int J Surg Case Rep 2013; 4 (9):768–70.
- Hadadi A, Pourmand G, Mehdipour-Aghabagher B. Unilateral testicular tuberculosis: Case report. Andrologia.2011; 44 (1), 70-2.
- World Health Organization. (?2018)?. Global tuberculosis report 2018. World Health Organization. https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/274453. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO
- Zajaczkowski T. Genitourinary tuberculosis: historical and basic science review: past and present. Cent European J Urol. 2012; 65 (4), 182-7.