Pages: 1048-1050DOI: 10.46327/msrjg.1.000000000000211
Date of Publication: 30-Nov--0001
Huge Fibrous Dysplasia of the Rib Revealed by Neuralgia
Author: Mohammed Massine El Hammoumi, Mouad Amraoui, mohammed bhairis, Marius Kamdem, El Hassane Kabiri
Category: JMSR Surgery
Fibrous Dysplasia is a benign fibro-osseous lesion occurring throughout the skeletal system with a predilection for craniofacial bones, long bones, and ribs which develops during bone formation. We report here the case of a exceptional case of huge compressive fibrodysplasia of the left first rib with neuralgia of left member treated by removal surgery.
Keywords: Dysplasia, Huge, Neuralgia, Rib
- Singh V, Gupta K, Salunke P. Monostotic craniofacial fibrous dysplasia: report offere two cases with interesting histology. Autops Case Rep. 2019; 9: e2018092.
- Chovanec Z, K?íž Z, Brichtová E.Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Caused by Fibrous Dysplasia of the First Rib. Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech. 2018; 85:291-293.
- Ocakc?oglu I, Ermerak NO, Yuksel M. Total Rib Resection via Uniportal Thoracoscopic Approach. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018; 106:e185-e187.
- Rehemutula A, Zhang LI, Yu C, Chen L, Gu Y. Thoracoscopy-assisted first rib resection for the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome caused by fibrous dysplasia: A report of two cases. Exp Ther Med. 2015; 9:2241-2244.
- Monge J, Kricun M, Radov?i? J, Radov?i? D, Mann A, Frayer DW. Fibrous dysplasia in a 120,000+ year old Neandertal from Krapina, Croatia. PLoS One. 2013; 8: e64539.